The messengers of the Regular Baptist Churches meeting in session on June 29, 2017, at North East, Maryland, elected six new or returning members to the Council of Eighteen:
- Tom Alexander, pastor – First Baptist Church, Wellington, Ohio
- Nigel Black, pastor – Winslow Baptist Church, Sicklerville, N.J.
- David Burman Jr., pastor – First Baptist Church, Niles, Ohio
- Jonathan Jenks, representative – Wisconsin Association of Regular Baptist Churches, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- David King, pastor – CrossPointe Fellowship Church, Jasper, Ind.
- Tim Moore, pastor – Faith Baptist Church, Mason City, Iowa
These men join those currently serving on the Council of 18:
- Mike Augsburger, pastor – Willow Creek Baptist Church, West Des Moines, Iowa
- David Burman Sr., pastor – Berean Baptist Church, New Castle, Del.
- Tim Capon, representative – Iowa Association of Regular Baptist Churches, Ankeny, Iowa
- Jeffrey “Duke” Crawford, pastor – Emmanuel Baptist Church, Toledo, Ohio
- Will Hatfield, pastor – CrossRoad Baptist Church, Ames, Iowa
- Mike Hess, pastor – Calvary Baptist Church, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Stan Lightfoot III, pastor – Rustic Hills Baptist Church, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Nathan Osborne III, pastor – Faith Baptist Church, Winter Haven, Fla.
- Charles “Chuck” Pausley, representative – Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches
- Scott Poling, pastor – Harvest New Beginnings, Oswego, Ill.
- Ken Spink, pastor – Berea Baptist Church, Berea, Ohio
- David Strope, pastor – Ankeny Baptist Church, Ankeny, Iowa
After the announcement, the council elected the following officers:
- Chairman of the Council of Eighteen – David Strope
- Vice-chairman – Jonathan Jenks
- Secretary – Will Hatfield