LANCASTER, PA. — The General Association of Regular Baptist Churches meets this week for its annual conference. Delegates begin arriving today at the Lancaster Host Resort in Lancaster, Pa., as the Association celebrates its 75th anniversary.
“Many of us have been praying about the conference for some time,” said John Greening, National Representative for the GARBC. “I just have this feeling that our conference will encourage pastors, lift our spirits, and point us with vision and anticipation to the work of the Lord.”
Because the fellowshipping churches have no denominational hierarchy, the annual meetings tend to emphasize preaching, practical workshops, and social gatherings. This year’s conference takes its theme from Matthew 16:18, “I Will Build My Church.” Several groups meet prior to the conference, including the Council of Eighteen, the Regular Baptist Chaplaincy Ministries, and a church-planting seminar.
The participants represent 1,350 churches in 46 states, Canada, and Saipan. Several related ministries will give reports during the conference:
- Regular Baptist Press, a church education publishing ministry that serves 12,000 churches;
- Gospel Literature Services, an international distribution network that reaches 111 countries;
- Regular Baptist Chaplaincy Ministries, which services the military, hospitals, prisons, professional sports, and corporations;
- Baptist Builders Club, a ministry of providing grants and loans to churches in the Association; and
- International Partnership of Fundamental Baptist Ministries , a network of international organizations.
Later this week, high school students from across the country will participate in youth events and the annual Talents For Christ competition.
Daily coverage of the conference can be found at www.garbc.org/conference, including photos, news articles, sermon MP3s, and downloads.
Read more about the 75-year history of the GARBC:
- The Necessity for the Formation of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches by Robert T. Ketcham
- What is the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches? by Robert T. Ketcham
- The GARBC— A Rich History and Heritage (Part 1) by George Houghton
- The GARBC— A Rich History and Heritage (Part 2) by George Houghton