Make sure to include the GARBC Conference in your summer plans. You will benefit not only from an incredible conference, great training, and genuine fellowship, but also from a great city! Omaha has a multitude of opportunities for exploration. Many activities are within walking distance of the hotel, or you could use the free hotel shuttle or rent one of the bicycles the hotel has available.
- Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: Ranked world’s #1 zoo, and it’s in downtown Omaha! Be sure to add to your conference itinerary a trip to this zoo.
- Omaha Children’s Museum: A great place for kids to touch, interact, move, and explore. Plus, it’s within walking distance from the conference facility.
- Keystone Trail: Get some exercise on this 27-mile trail. Enjoy Papio Creek and three of Omaha’s beautiful lakes.
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge: Take an evening walk across the Missouri River on the footbridge that connects two states. Take in the breathtaking view of the city and the gorgeous, illuminated cables and pylons. On the Nebraska side is a three-acre plaza with an interactive jet fountain, fiber wave sculpture, and play area.
- Historic Old Market: Walk cobblestone streets lined with distinctive boutiques, antique emporiums, art galleries, unique stores, great restaurants, and sweetshops.
- Durham Museum: A beautiful art deco Union Station houses an extraordinary array of permanent exhibits, including restored train cars, 1940s storefronts, numerous artifacts showing the history of the region, and the Byron Reed collection, which includes some of the world’s rarest coins and documents.
- Lauritzen Gardens: One hundred acres of inspiring horticultural displays, including a rose garden, Victorian garden, children’s garden, model railroad garden, and the all-new Marjorie K. Daugherty Conservatory, featuring indoor tropical and temperate garden spaces.